Friday, May 21, 2010

Thoughts


M
y boyfriend left early to golf this morning (eager to make it official that he became a member of the local Country Club), I guess I could feel his excitement somehow. 

See, normally I'm up (more like zombie walking) at that hour, feeding Piper, changing her diaper, etc - but usually I go back to sleep with her and generally start my day around 9am. This morning however, I let her go back to sleep, grabbed a cup of joe and headed out to the back patio deck.

As I started waking up - my mind started racing with all of my recent obsessions, which, in case you were wondering, are...

Colorful ikat patterns, wearing all shades of grey, Gilt sales, my custom made riding boots, monogrammed jewelry (which started when Piper bought mommy her first piece for M's-D), lightweight western plaid shirts, watching our local squirrels (Thing One, Thing Two and Thing Three) run back and forth - taunting the dogs, mixing bold patterns/stripes/polka-dots in interior decorating and playing with yellows, blues, greens, reds and orange, finding the perfect gold pyramid/stud earrings (which I have yet to do, Noir came close, but they're not real gold), writing my friends actual cards and letters (just bought some new stationary to do it!) and finally - watching Piper cart around in "zoom-zoom" her aptly named jeep.

Now, I'm thinking about obsessing over...

Tiny flower print boyfriend shirts, tanks, dresses and possibly even shorts (the ranch inspired me), wearing my Hunter boots with shorts every day - even if rain isn't predicted, bleaching my hair a very pale blonde, starting the HCG diet, a variety of designer handbags too dangerous to list, teaching Coco how to walk in town without a leash (meaning giving in and actually training her), helping Lisa redo the back sun-room in a complete unapologetic western saloon style over the summer, how brilliant this designer I found on Etsy is who makes colorful chalkboard painted children's furniture (um, yeah that's what Piper's room will be filled with) and lastly - dreaming about buying all of my friends and family a pair of Toms, just to support Blake Mycoskie's cause. Imagine if people started businesses like his everywhere, what a wonderful world this would be. 

Well, there you have it, a short interlude.

I guess I've got some blogging to do.

Love, 
Kristina 


3 comments:

  1. You are so adorable , xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are so inspiring! You should be my fashion consultant. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Emily! xoxo

    Morgan, Thanks for joining and following. I will gladly be your consultant babe. Absolutely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete