Tuesday, May 11, 2010

An LA Fashionista in Austin

Thirty one years ago, I was brought into this world by a die hard fashionista, someone I am very proud to call my mother. Growing up she owned a chic boutique in Los Feliz that sold both new designer and gently worn designer clothing from celebrities whom she called her friends.

Just recently, I remember telling a story at Mother's Day, we did a round of "most embarrassing" mother stories and funny enough...mine was when I was barely even a pre-teen - during that slightly awkward stage, waiting for my mother after school...

Oh, I'll never forget it - I was hanging out with this cute boy named Tony who I had a serious crush on when I looked up to see my mother, all 5'8" of her, with her long Farrah Fawcett feathered bleach blond hair, her off the shoulder ruffle blouse, skin tight leather "skinny" pants and 3 inch stilettos. Oh, boy - I could have died with embarrassment at the time...now I smile and think "she was so damn cool".

I tell her this story and true to form, she says: "Oh, yes...I remember that outfit, it was a Dennis Goldsmith raw silk blouse and handmade Italian leather pants." Almost twenty years later and she remembers, ah yes - she is my mother.

Having been born and raised in Los Feliz and Hollywood my entire life...to then have suddenly uprooted, literally, to a whole new state - one they call Austin Texas - with dream to start a fashion forward boutique...I felt the need to start a blog...

(Well, actually...a close friend of mine recommended it and I am so glad she did- muchas gracias Lily!)

In this blog, what I have opted to write about are my experiences here as a proud Los Angelena, in regards to local Austin spots, new found designers, the process of establishing my store (which, cross your fingers...I hope to have open in the next year or so) and any other interesting tidbits and findings in the fashion world. I will not limit it to only Austin experiences, but - it certainly will be my main focus.

And for you music lovers, when you come out for South by South West or Austin City Limits or just plain come to visit me or family and friends, I hope that this blog will bring you closer to this city that I have so desperately fallen in love with. So, please join my blog, tell your friends...and most above all - write back, comment and ask questions. I will always be here to respond.

Love, Kristina

5 comments:

  1. I will be following you and I look forward to all the amazing posts!
    Your mom is a rockstar, we know that, lol...
    XO Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, Thank you for reading my first blog! Yes, yes she is! lol!! xoxo, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool Kristina! Wow I love it. I really can't wait to come visit. I will be tracking your blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mo!!

    Ryan, I am so glad! Thanks for the feedback. I am excited about being able to share this chapter of my life this way!!

    Love, Kristina

    ReplyDelete