Monday, May 31, 2010

Western Wear, Part II, EL Vintage



This one is for my dear friend, Emily Liebl who owns EL Vintage. I ordered this vintage dress from her fabulous website and like the professional that she is, I received it, beautifully packaged and right on time, with a sweet personal card to boot. 

I had envisioned this dress paired up with my vintage 1980's boots that I found a couple of years ago at Urban's, their line Urban Renewal is one of my favorite things to look for when I shop there. It's like an Easter Egg Hunt every time. And for $60, well let's just say that they have paid me back in wear, ten fold. 

Inspired by the ranch, I have created this look...

The pinstripe boyfriend blazer is a recent purchase...literally picked it up on a flyby at J Crew here in Austin. A definite must have in any wardrobe. 

The belt is vintage (another great friend from my new local thrift store). 

The turquoise necklace is a new family heirloom, my mother made it when she was a teenager and I have been begging and borrowing it from her since the day I was 12 years old and spotted it in her jewelry box. She recently surprised me and passed it on to me as a gift for giving birth to my daughter Piper - and of course, one day it will go to her...and so an heirloom is born. I layered it with a necklace I picked up at Forever 21...vintage inspired painted beads and multi-chains. 

The sunglasses are Max Studio...

The bangles are just a few from my prized collection, of which I think I have more than 100 now. 
 
I hope this western style look inspires you for the summer!

Love, Kristina

To shop El Vintage go to: http://www.etsy.com/shop/styleforlife ...  

Photography by none other than the talented RC Peters

8 comments:

  1. Love, love!
    I am having another vintage trunk party this coming weekend!
    I need to load more items on Etsy...I have tons more dresses, belts and I found some incredible shoes.
    Awww, vintage is the bestest in the westest.
    Love you...XO Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta da!! I am so glad you're having another one!! Plus, I need more loaded...paaaaaalease!! I haven't seen a new thing in weeks! I can't wait to get the teal dress. Yay! Love, love u. xoxo, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress, it's beautiful!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carys and Tanya! Thank you for following.

    And thank you babe, you are an excellent photographer!

    ReplyDelete