Friday, May 14, 2010

Watch out!

A friend recently said it so well..."I am just over the idea of Cartier, Rolex, etc, etc defining 
who I am. Plus I don't need or want something that everyone else already owns"...

I listened to what she said and realized, reluctantly, that I actually agreed.

Reluctantly, why?

Well, because I'll confess, my ultimate dream purchase has always been a $26,000 Gold Cartier Tank watch that I have practically drooled over for years. Seriously, I'd take that over a sports car or a dream vacation - ANY day.

Why? Well, I guess it just because it's one of those things...a woman's allowed her fantasies. 

But how about reality, that bank account may not have that just sitting around...or more importantly, why not venture outside of the box and wear a watch that expresses "you"...

And so, that leads me to my recent find...

Etsy isn't a secret anymore, the cats out of the bag - it's a resourceful and wonderful vintage and handmade haven...If you haven't gotten addicted yet, well - once you start searching their site - I can almost assure you - you will.

I was pleasantly surprised and intrigued by a recent find, one which I would like to take time out to share with you.

Marrianne Handcraft Watch & Band Studio is an actual watch making company based in Busan. They make beautiful handmade watches that you can custom order and engrave.I am so in love with this look, it's like finding that amazing vintage styled watch...but instead of having to get it entirely refurbished, here it is brand new with a vintage look, completely unique, charming and well, just totally unlike any other watches I have ever seen.

I've posted some of my personal favorites...I'll let the picture speak for themselves.

I am personally drawn to the double strap watch that you can have your name or special date engraved on.

Or, if I really wanted to be adventurous, 
I am in love with the idea of the steam trunk 
part watch, with the face on the side.
I think the teal leather band, which is my personal
favorite color, adds a further touch of whimsy. Any of these styles would look great piled up with a collection of bracelets and bangles.

This watch designer is definitely on my list - I'll behave as I just got showered with amazing gifts for Mother's Day...but I am going to get one - watch out!

Love, Kristina

You can review their over 300 styles at http://www.etsy.com/shop/revolt70.
For quality assurance I read all of their reviews and every single one was positive. The craftsmanship, the shipping (apparently super fast) and the packaging all top notch.


2 comments:

  1. I love the double strap one! Wow, good find. I love Etsy, there are so many treasures... fashion, home decor, handcrafted kids toys and the list goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I showed the site to RC after I had posted this and funny enough, he absolutely loved a lot of their work too. He calls the style "steampunk" and has chosen a watch for Father's Day. I guess, it's a unisex style as well!

    ReplyDelete