Monday, May 31, 2010

Western Wear, Part III, Ranch Life

I've been dressing the part, I won't lie. Ranch life, is laid back...casual and down right bliss. 

My boyfriend has taken on Ranch Manager functions and although I'm mainly with our daughter all day - how can you not be inspired to jump in and ride the tractor...

This look starts with my boyfriends cowboy hat - a souvenir he picked up on our road trip from LA to Texas when we moved.

The shirt is Eze Sur Mer, a fabulously lightweight flannel that is so utterly perfect for this Texas heat. I can't wait to collect more colors and styles...this one is Rose.

The vest is vintage Jil Sander. 

The jeans are Forever 21, my favorite place to snatch up skinny jeans as they have stretch in them...and new mothers can appreciate that! Plus, I love buying tons of jeans and starting at $20 a pop - I feel justified...

My grey Hunter rainboots - are a definite MUST have on a ranch. With wild Texas flash flood storms at a moments notice - I have started throwing them in the car when we go out. I'm dying to buy a pair of turquoise ones after my mother-in-law went ahead and rocked my world by buying hot pink ones! Gotta love it.

The necklace belonged to my grandmother and is made from 1940's italian glass beads.

The bracelet is a vintage Christian Dior charm necklace...another gift from my lovely mother...which I doubled up for the wrist.

And the sunglasses are my boyfriend's. He bought them after he saw a pair on Joaquin Phoenix. They're from Benjamin Eyewear...an LA based designer.

Well, there's a taste of ranch life! I am sure you could wear this look a lot of different places, if not...well I guess y'all will just have come to visit us at the ranch! 

Love, 
Kristina 

Photographs by the talented Mr. RC Peters


2 comments:

  1. LOVE this one, LOVE it!!! I am coming out and we are doing shoots together! :-)))) XO Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Drive out so you can bring trunks full of clothes!! What fun! xoxo, K

    ReplyDelete